- Terms & Conditions of CARTERS Website
- CARTERS Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale
- CARTERS Standard National Estimate Terms
- CARTERS Additional Manufacturing Terms
- CARTERS Terms of Supply
- CARTERS Advantage Terms and Conditions
- CARTERS Promotional Terms and Conditions of Sale
- CARTERS Trade Portal Terms and Conditions
- CARTERS CCTV Privacy Notice
- CARTERS CONZTRUCT Competition Terms and Conditions
- CARTERS ASIAN CONSTRUCTION EXPO Competition Terms and Conditions
- CARTERS NZ Certified Builders Competition Terms and Conditions
- CARTERS Trade Leader Promotion Terms and Conditions
CARTERS is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act) and this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement explains how CARTERS may collect, use and disclose information that identifies you (your personal information).
By accessing and using our website and/or agreeing to any CARTERS’ terms and conditions that incorporate this Privacy Statement, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
In this Privacy Statement, references to ‘CARTERS’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ are references to Carters Building Supplies Limited trading as CARTERS, including its successors and assigns.
2. Changes to This Privacy Statement
CARTERS may amend our Privacy Statement from time to time, to reflect changes in the law, our use of information and other business activities, by publishing an updated version on our website – www.carters.co.nz (Website). Please check the Privacy Statement published on our Website periodically for changes. By continuing to use this Website and/or purchasing goods or services from CARTERS after the Privacy Statement has been updated, you are deemed to confirm that you have read and agreed to our updated Privacy Statement.
3. Collecting Your Personal Informaiton
We may collect personal information that you provide to us or authorise us to collect. For example, we may collect personal information when you:
(a) use a CARTERS’ website – such as www.carters.co.nz, trade.carters.co.nz, www.carterstrade.co.nz and www.cartersadvantage.co.nz;
(b) create a CARTERS’ account or register for a rewards programme – such as a CARTERS’ Trade Account, the CARTERS’ Advantage rewards programme or a “CARTERS Mates Rates” card;
(c) make an enquiry or enter into correspondence or discussions with us, including through our websites, any account you have with us or our customer service team;
(d) order products or services from us; or
(e) enter into a CARTERS’ competition or promotion.
You do not have to provide us with the information we request, however, it may affect the goods and services we can provide to you or your use of our websites.
Any personal information will be collected directly from you unless you have authorised us to collect that information from another party.
4. Collecting Other Information You Provide to Us
If you provide us with any personal information about a third party (such as a guarantor of a credit application that you have submitted to us) or authorise CARTERS to collect that information, you confirm that you are authorised by the individual concerned to provide their personal information to us and/or authorise the collection of information about them in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
5. Using Your Personal Information
The personal information that we collect may be used in accordance with the Privacy Act, including for the following purposes:
(a) providing you with the products and services you have requested;
(b) administering your CARTERS’ account or rewards programme;
(c) assisting us to provide better products, services and websites;
(d) dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
(e) for direct marketing purposes (including by email and other electronic means), such as informing you about special offers, products and services or promotions of CARTERS Building Supplies Limited and their advertising and promotional agencies and consultants which we think may be of interest to you – unless you have informed us that you do not wish to receive any marketing offers;
(f) verifying your identity and assisting you if you forget your password or login details to access a CARTERS’ account or rewards programme;
(g) complying with our legal obligations;
(h) analysing information in an anonymised aggregated form, with identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous, including to gain an insight into the use, popularity and visibility of our websites; and
(i) any other purpose authorised by you.
We may communicate with you by text message, push notifications, email and other electronic means. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit account information
If you apply for a CARTERS’ credit account (such as a CARTERS’ Trade Account), we may use personal information about you and any other person identified in your application (such as a guarantor) for the following purposes:
(a) assessing your application, including your and/or any applicable guarantor’s creditworthiness from time to time;
(b) billing you and collecting any debt owed to us by you (this may involve disclosing your personal information to debt collectors and credit reporters, as detailed in section 7 below); and
(c) registering security interests.
6. Protecting Your Personal Information and Keeping it Up to Date
We will take all reasonable steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of data. You acknowledge the inherent security risks of providing information over the internet and acknowledge that CARTERS is not responsible for any breach of security that is outside of CARTERS’ reasonable control.
We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate and will only make changes to your personal information if you notify us. If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com. You will need to provide us with sufficient information to identify you before any changes can be made.
7. Disclosing Your Personal Information to Other Parties
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties if we consider it necessary to do so for the purposes listed above:
(a) internal members of our company Carters Building Supplies Limited;
(b) any organisation or person that we are considering selling, or sell, all or part of our business to or any organisation or person to whom we consider assigning or transferring, or assign or transfer, any of our rights under any agreement with you;
(c) our existing and potential business partners;
(d) our service providers – for example, advertising and promotional agencies, consultants, insurers and other contractors and suppliers to enable them to provide services and products to us;
(e) credit reporting and debt recovery agencies (as detailed below);
(f) any organisation or person providing us with guarantees or security under any agreement with you;
(g) any other third parties who you authorise disclosure to; and
(h) any third party if the information is in a fully anonymised and/or aggregated form – for example, we may share aggregated demographic information about our website with our affiliates, partners and advertisers for analytical analysis.
Credit account information
If you apply for a CARTERS’ credit account (such as a CARTERS’ Trade Account), we may use the services of credit reporting and debt collection agencies on an on-going basis and may exchange information about you with those agencies (including information about your default and repayment history). Those agencies may retain that information and provide that information to other customers who use their services.
8. Collecting and Using Information That Does Not Identity You
If you use any CARTERS’ website we may also collect information that does not identify a particular user – it only identifies the computer or mobile device that is being used to access the CARTERS website. For example, we may use:
• Analytics / Log files - We use log files in order to enhance your experience on our websites and to analyse trends. Log files gather information, such as which URL you just came from, which URL you visit next, what browser you are using and your IP address. Users who log in to our website also have their IP address automatically logged. An IP address can be used to identify a user; however, we will treat this information as personal information.
• Cookies - Short text files called “cookies” may be automatically downloaded to your computer or mobile device. Cookies enable us to provide you with a better experience by enabling the website to know that you have visited before and in some cases to record preferences in order to personalise your visit. Cookies also assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors. Cookies may record information such as your IP address, your device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features of our websites that you have clicked on or used, and other usage statistics. These can be session cookies which are deleted when you close your browser and/or persistent cookies which remain on your computer or mobile device for a longer period of time.
To delete or stop cookies being placed on your computer refer to the help menu on your internet browser. In a few cases blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of some sites or otherwise prevent access to them depending on your chosen browser options. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
9. Privacy Act and Other Applicable Law
We may also collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and any other applicable law.
10. Questions and Changes
Questions about your personal information:
You have the right to access, and to request correction of, any personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to do so or have any questions relating to this Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at:
Private Bag 94027
Attention: Privacy Officer
To view our CCTV Privacy Notice, please CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE to return to Terms & Conditions page.