- Terms & Conditions of CARTERS Website
- CARTERS Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale
- CARTERS Standard National Estimate Terms
- CARTERS Additional Manufacturing Terms
- CARTERS Terms of Supply
- CARTERS Advantage Terms and Conditions
- CARTERS Promotional Terms and Conditions of Sale
- CARTERS Trade Portal Terms and Conditions
- CARTERS CCTV Privacy Notice
CARTERS Standard National Estimate Term
The following terms shall be incorporated into each estimate prepared by CARTERS for the Customer.
1. This estimate and any purchases of materials by the Customer are subject to:
(a) CARTERS Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale;
(b) CARTERS Standard National Estimate Terms;
(c) CARTERS Additional Manufacturing Terms; and
(d) the Specific Estimate Qualifications.
2. In the event of any inconsistency between the above documents, then the order of priority in which they appear above prevails.
3. This schedule is prepared to provide an estimate of the quantities of materials. This schedule of estimated materials is not a professional quantity surveying service. The quantities are indicative only. The Customer must not rely upon the accuracy of this schedule of materials. Neither CARTERS nor its estimating subcontractors are liable for any costs or losses incurred or suffered by the Customer as a result of relying on this estimate.
4. The prices in this estimate will remain valid for a period of 30 days from the date of issue of this estimate. The pricing may change after this period. No further trade discounts will apply. All prices are GST exclusive and ex CARTERS branch or manufacturing site unless otherwise expressly stated in this estimate or agreed in writing signed by CARTERS. Supplier freight will be passed on for indent deliveries from other suppliers.
5. This estimate has been priced competitively based on CARTERS supplying all of the materials in this estimate for the project. The pricing may be subject to change if only some of the materials on this estimate are ordered from CARTERS.
6. While some materials may be able to be ordered directly from this schedule, it is the Customer’s responsibility to confirm that the materials and quantities ordered are correct. The availability of specialty non-stocked materials needs to be confirmed by the applicable supplier at the time of ordering.
7. This estimate may include pricing for materials from other suppliers that are subject to that supplier’s terms and conditions.
8. Only those materials in this estimate that are specifically listed, quantified and priced are included in this estimate. Any alternatives are not included unless they are specifically nominated. If an alternative material is ordered, then the original estimated price for the scheduled material will not be applicable. Items not included in this estimate are priced at the time of order.
9. Any materials procured specifically for the Customer’s job may attract an inwards freight charge from the supplier (irrespective of whether the material is a stocked item) and will be charged to the Customer.
10. It is the Customer’s responsibility to confirm that all substituted materials are suitable before ordering.
11. Standard industry measures and wastages been applied in providing the material estimates. The quantities have been estimated based on the plans, specifications and information provided, together with any customary building industry practices. It is the Customer’s responsibility to confirm all quantities and estimate qualifications prior to placing any orders. As construction techniques and site conditions vary, CARTERS does not accept any responsibility for differences between the estimated quantities and the actual quantities used. Any variations to the plans, specifications and information provided will render this estimate invalid.
12. Where timber is marked with a call size (e.g. EX 100mm x 25mm), CARTERS has estimated quantities based on the supplier’s standard product sizes. It is the Customer’s responsibility to confirm that the materials and quantities ordered are suitable for what is to be constructed. The Customer will be charged for any costs associated with requests for non-standard product sizes.
13. If timber lengths in excess of 6.0m are requested or required, then these will be supplied subject to availability and an additional surcharge may apply. If specialty timbers or products are requested, then these will be supplied subject to availability and an additional surcharge may apply.
14. CARTERS recommends that Customers should site measure all materials (including manufactured items) before placing an order with CARTERS.
15. Standard size sheets have been utilised for the schedule of materials. If the Customer requires different sized sheets during construction, it is the Customer’s responsibility to make adjustments for any price or quantity differences. The Customer will be charged for any costs associated with requests for non-standard sheet sizes.
16. In the event of any contradiction between the plans, specifications and information provided, the following order of priority will be used to determine the estimated quantities: 1) Customer Request Form; 2) Engineering Drawings (Layout Plans-Elevations-Cross Sections-Details); 3) Engineering Specifications; 4) Architectural Drawings (Layout Plans-Elevations-Cross Sections-Details); 5) Architectural Specifications. CARTERS excludes any liability for any difference in the value of materials measured using this order of priority.
17. Where a non-stocked product has been estimated, (for example, made to order goods or products) and CARTERS has received an order, then no credits or returns will be accepted unless otherwise agreed by the supplier.
18. The materials included in this estimate are for materials supply only and exclude any site or remedial works unless otherwise agreed by CARTERS in writing.
19. All products are treated to the levels specified on the products. The Customer is responsible for ensuring the suitability of the treatment of the products ordered.
20. The nails and fixings requirements in this schedule may vary depending on the construction method. Any of these materials are estimated as a guide only.
21. Where shared fixings have been allowed to multiple areas, then the requirements may have been combined together within the nails/fixings subheading.
22. If no durability zones are specified, CARTERS has assumed this project is located in NZS3604 2011 Building Zone B and not sea spray or geothermal zones. It is the Customer’s responsibility to confirm this assumption.
23. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, cartage to site will be as per CARTERS standard freight charges and is to kerbside only. If drivers are requested to deliver on to private property, then the Customer is responsible for access to the site and any damage arising as a result of such delivery shall be the Customer’s responsibility. If the Customer is not on site when the products are delivered, then delivery is deemed to have been made in full.
24. If pre-nail frames or trusses or associated materials are manufactured outside of the standard sizes for transportation, a wide load and/or pilot vehicle may be required and will be charged to the Customer. Site waiting time for whatever reason and/or requests for placement of specific CARTERS products or components, will incur an additional delivery cost at the Customer’s expense unless otherwise agreed.
25. Deliveries are specific to each estimate and cannot be transferred to other jobs for pricing or any other purpose.
MANUFACTURING TAGS AND QUALIFICATIONS
26. Manufactured goods are supplied subject to CARTERS Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale and CARTERS Additional Manufacturing Terms (see www.carters.co.nz/terms-and-conditions).
27. Manufactured goods are estimated based on the plans, specifications and information originally provided, together with any customary building industry practices. It is the designer’s responsibility to specify all framing requirements. Any referenced standard must have the relevant tables inserted within the plans or specifications.
28. Where no information regarding the centres of studs and nogs is provided, then the centres for the studs framing have all been allowed at 600mm and the centres for the nogs framing have all been allowed at 800mm. If any walls are specified outside of NZS3604 (as amended or replaced) or the requirements for building consent , then it is the responsibility of the Customer to have them re-designed correctly and re-priced. Any extra cost resulting from the re-design is to be met by the Customer.
29. If no lintel sizes or types are provided, then any lintels estimated are to be considered as a guide only. Where the information provided only shows some openings with lintel sizes or types, then CARTERS will allow for those sizes or types only. No allowance for any other lintels will be made as these are assumed to be designed by the designer or engineer.
30. No allowance has been made for non-standard cuts to rafters other than 45°, complex or compound seat cuts, birdsmouth or any other detail cuts to any roof components. If any non-standard cuts are required, the Customer should refer to CARTERS local manufacturing site.
REVIEW OF TERMS
31. CARTERS reserves the right to review and amend any of these Terms at any time. Any change will take effect on estimates prepared after the date on which CARTERS publishes the revised Terms on the CARTERS website (www.carters.co.nz), except where the amended Term is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction, or otherwise considered by CARTERS, to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (whether as between the parties to these Terms or in relation to any third party) in which case the last previously valid, enforceable and legal Term shall
Click here to return to Terms & Conditions page